Nowadays, most of the motor-homes that are being sold today are powered up with an inverter. This inverter converts the DC power of the battery into AC power so that it can provide electricity to the motor-home. These are available in different Watt ranges between 75 to 6000 Watt and the total amount of power that is produced per second. RV inverter is usually present in between 12 volt battery and 120 volt circuit breaker.
To run your AC RV appliances, you can use battery of RV power inverter because it allows you to use the total power stored in the battery.
Sometimes your inverter stops working due to following reasons:
- Defective power switch: In this case, you should first remove the plug from the power source and then insert the plug of some other appliances. Switch on and check whether the appliance is working or not. If it is not working then your power switch has become defective. So you can call the professionals to replace the power switch.
- Tripped inverter: In this case, you can press the trip button that is present on the inverter. It will help you to reset and turn on the inverter.
- Battery terminal is rusty and corroded: First check whether the battery is properly connected or not. If not then try to switch it on once again. If it is still not working, you can check the terminals of the battery whether they are corroded. If yes, you can clean it with a dry cloth.
- Battery is weak and faulty: If the battery is old then it will definitely become weak so it is better to replace it but if it is new, there may be some fault so you can call the professional to repair it.
- Battery is discharged: If the battery of the inverter is discharged then you will have to charge it for several hours continuously and after that you can plug it in again and it will start working as earlier.